Monday, March 28, 2011

Direction of my Paper

Earlier this week I had begun my paper and have written the first five and a half pages. When I came back to my paper last night and re-read it, I had gained some inspiration to the point where now I like my last two pages or so a lot. I feel like with the entire product I have avoided a bias through the use of positive words. This paper definitely goes against what I originally came into writing this thinking. While I am not sure if this was a smart tactic or not, I feel like I avoided bias over the course of the last two days by bringing up each side of the argument and then pointing out a flaw or two to each. This seemed to keep the paper balanced because neither side had an apparent edge over another.

In addition, I feel good about my paper because of my choice in presented information. Rather then going into an extensive history lesson for each side, I showed the rhetorical tactics of each side and gave a brief example of information they would use to support their given tactic. This doesn't mean that I avoided each sides argument, but I tried to stray away from using their line of rhetoric because it was flawed. This was shown through brining up the third side of the argument. Overall I like the way my paper is turning out on its final edits. I feel accomplished because I didn't slander one side over another.

No comments:

Post a Comment