Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today's Research

Today I began to formally create an outline for my controversy paper. As I began to write each paragraph in what will be consequential order, I began to match my current sources with each paragraph. I would ask myself, "which source should be used to address the topic of this paragraph"? As I was doing this, I began to refine my sources and eventually learned that some of the sources I have gotten previously aren't necessarily good for the paragraphs I had in mind. This fact caused me to look online some more for new sources and about after an hour of researching I stumbled upon a book which was absolutely fascinating!

This book that I found had been written solely to address the controversy that I was looking into. Originally when I was researching, I was looking up texts that contained ancient text used in current arguments to support the modern scholars arguments that I could have also used. My problem though was, without the ancient text, the scholar themselves would be basing their words off of mere opinion. This led me into looking at the works cited pages of these scholars and I found numerous scholarly works that they had indirectly cited. Looking into these, I found massive amounts of knowledge that I have not known before. Now I am thinking of getting rid of most my old sources and replacing them with newer ones I found tonight. Nevertheless I now must rethink how I was to structure my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment