Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Research Dilemma

Byzantine Hagia Sophia
Earlier when I was researching for my potential controversy topic I stumbled into some road blocks. Thinking that there would be lots of information on my potential subject, I soon learned that there was not much of anything. What I thought would be good key terms such as "Turkey and Archeological decay", "Turkey and UNESCO danger list", and even "Denigration of antiquities in Turkey" ended up showing things that did not relate at all to my subject. I tried to be even more specific by searching specific places/things such as Allianoi, Hagia Sophia, or even the walls of Constantinople, but none of those turned up any results. The closest thing I have gotten to related information is archeological accounts but unfortunately those are not good enough. I will continue to search for academic sources but if nothing remotely close shows up, I might have to change my subject to something else such as the controversy of Alexander the Great.
Allianoi
Walls of Constantinople (Near Belgrade Gate)




No comments:

Post a Comment